Today we’re celebrating!
I always encourage you to notice and acknowledge your progress, and celebrate how far you’ve come. Today I’m taking my own advice. This is Episode 50. And that is reason to celebrate!
I’ll be recapping the messages and themes in this podcast over the last year. And I’ll highlight many of the topics we’ve covered that carry those messages and themes.
Looking back, it brings me satisfaction and joy to recollect all the episodes I’ve been able to share with you. If you’re a new listener, this is a perfect way to get a flavor for the show. And if you’re a veteran listener, thank you. I hope you enjoy this reminiscence.
Is Your Engineering Career All That You Want It to Be?
I know you want a fulfilling engineering career. You want to make a meaningful contribution and have an impact. If you’re listening to this podcast, you probably feel that you’re not quite there yet.
You probably have room to grow and improve in your career. And you seek that improvement. You’re intentional about bettering yourself as a person, an engineer, and a leader.
Maybe you’ve already made good progress, but you hope to really shift into high gear. To be able to apply your strengths and passion. To reach that ultimate fulfillment and know you’re realizing your best self.
I love to hear this from you. Because this is why I’ve created Her Engineering Career Podcast. I know what it’s like when you get to a certain point and don’t know what to do next. I know what it’s like to be a little lost at certain points in your career.
And I know what it’s like when you feel you have more potential but can’t seem to reach it.
These are the reasons for this podcast.
Important Messages for Your Career Strategy
Here are the key messages that you’ve been hearing from me in many of my episodes. These are the important messages for your career strategy.
- A career that is aligned with you will bring you more fulfillment. If your career is aligned with you, you’ll reach a higher level of your potential.
- You’re more likely to reach a higher level of your potential if you have a vision. Your vision comes from within. It comes from your energetic center, which you can use as your career guide.
- You can own your career and take it where you want to. You have more power than you think.
- Beyond owning your career, you can manifest your dream career. You can divine your career destiny.
- Career success is defined by whatever fulfills you. Including your impact, who you become, how you progress, and how you stay balanced and well.
- You are a remarkable engineer and influential leader. You know everything you need to know and have everything you need to have to reach your potential.
5 Impactful Themes to Catalyze Your Engineering Career
These messages lead into the themes of the podcast so far.
Here are 5 themes that we covered in the podcast along with several of the episode topics that fall into them. You can go back and explore (or re-explore) the topics that are especially important to you right now.
- Ways to ensure you have impact and make the contribution you want to make:
- Ways to build your courage and confidence:
- Waking from trances
- Crafting a message of impact
- Ways to integrate self-care and manage your stress:
- Practicing time satisfaction
- Working at your energetic center
- Spring cleaning and rejuvenation
- Defining your optimal work-life integration
- Ways to develop your skills:
- Practicing decision making
- Learning how to handle feedback
- Speaking and presenting
- Easing your new-job transitions
- Taking broadening assignments
- Ways to get ahead:
- Keeping your career in forward motion
- Increasing your visibility
- Preparing for your next promotion
- Learning the upward mobility model
Next I’d like to give you a hint of what’s yet to come on Her Engineering Career Podcast. But first, let me tell you about a few offers.
Programs, Tools, and Free Offers for Your Engineering Career
- If you’d like to learn ways you can command greater influence and impact, get a free copy of my guide, “4 Steps to Commanding Greater Influence and Impact as a Woman Engineer.”
- If you’d like a free worksheet to guide you in defining Your Energetic Center, send me an email and I’ll forward you the pdf.
- Learn more about my Signature Program to propel your career and your development as a respected engineer and influential leader.
- Book a Strategy Session if you’d like a 90-minute consultation with me. It’s perfect for brainstorming, removing roadblocks and finding solutions to career challenges you’re facing.
What to Look Forward to on Her Engineering Career Podcast
I’m still focused on getting you insights and tips that help you the most in your career and your career strategy. At the same time I’m planning to implement a few enhancements. Here are 3 new things in the works so far:
- More ways to get feedback, questions, and topic suggestions from you, my listeners.
- More episodes that incorporate listener feedback and suggestions.
- More tips and tools for subscribers.
Stay tuned for these enhancements.
I’ve so enjoyed this celebration with you today. Next time on Her Engineering Career Podcast, we’ll talk about evincing credibility and influence as an engineer. Be sure to join me for Episode 51.
This is where I say “Thanks for Listening!” And today I really want to emphasize my thanks to you, my listeners. Thanks for your support, feedback, and input. Thanks for celebrating our 50th show with me today. I look forward to bringing you more great episodes on Her Engineering Career Podcast.